Places to visit in kasol
Kasol is a small yet popular tourist destination located in the Parvati Valley of the Kullu district in Himachal Pradesh, India. It is known for its scenic beauty, serene environment, and proximity to the Parvati River. It has gained popularity among nature lovers from around the world. It is one of the most beautiful destinations in India to escape from the stress of this chaotic life. If you haven't explored this paradise, here is a list of the best places to visit in Kasol which will surely entice you to plan your trip.
1. Parvati Valley – River Parvati is one of the best places to visit in Kasol. The scenic landscapes of the valley and pleasant riverside make this place heavenly beautiful. Taking a walk by the River Parvati in Kasol can be a relaxing and rejuvenating experience. The serene surroundings, and the soothing sound of the flowing water, make it so.
- Known for: River rafting, and for relaxing amidst the spectacular surroundings.
2. Manikaran Sahib – Manikaran Sahib, is a Gurudwara 6 km from Kasol is built between the two rivers – Beas and Parvati. Devotees believed that taking a dip in this holy water washes away all their sins. The magnificent view of the valley and charm of the Gurudwara has made this place one of the best places to visit in Kasol.
- Known for: Enjoy delicious langar food cooked in natural hot springs, Gurudwara has a beautiful location where you can also enjoy hot baths
3. Tirthan Valley – Tirthan Valley is a serene and picturesque valley located in the Kullu district of Himachal Pradesh, India. It is named after the Tirthan River, which flows through the valley and is known for its natural beauty, lush green landscapes, and charming villages. You can miss this place if you visit Kasol.
- Known for: Tirthan Valley offers popular attractions like the Great Himalayan National Park and more.
Read our latest blog : https://himachal.blog/best-hill-stations-in-himachal-pradesh/
4. Kheer Ganga Peak – Kheer Ganga, is a 9 km long trek with trails that connect the trekker to the top of the hill. This place promises to leave you awestruck with its natural scenic beauty. A trekking experience like this one is difficult to find anywhere else. You can even stay at the hilltop for a couple of days as nearby offers several accommodations.
- Known for: Offers the most joyous trekking experience of your life, you get a breathtaking view of Parvati Valley and hot springs.
5. Tosh village – Tosh is a small village located in the Parvati Valley of Himachal Pradesh, India. It is situated at an altitude of approximately 7,900 feet (2,400 meters) and is known for its natural beauty, scenic views, and peaceful environment. You will find Israeli food in the local cafés and restaurants. This place can be a backpacker’s favorite destination and is definitely one of the places to visit in kasol.
- Known for: Trekking, Photography, and Nature walks.
6. Kullu – Located approximately 50 km away from Kasol, Kullu is an overall perfect destination for all types of travelers. There are plenty of places to enjoy the food and shop for local products. Popular for its traditional architecture and cultural practices, it’s known as one of the best sightseeing spots near Kasol.
- Known for: Raghunath Temple and Rupi Palace, Paragliding, Camping, Adventure sports, Shopping, and Sightseeing.
7. Chhalal Village – Chhalal Village is located at an altitude of 5366 feet above sea level and is quite far away from Kasol.For tourists who are in search of small attractions, it is a great place. Chhalal has an essence of Israeli culture and visitors can witness the same from the houses and cuisine.
- Known for:This tiny village is the starting point for the Rashol trek, unique cafes, where one can try out some of the best Israeli cuisines.
8. Naggar Village – Naggar Village is a lesser-known village in Kasol. Exploring this village allows you to experience the rural beauty of this village. The International Roerich memorial trust, Naggar Castle, and Gauri Shankar temple, and the culture of this village make this place worth visiting.
- Known for: One can appreciate Himachali art at Uruswati Himalayan Art Museum, and enjoy shopping for Pullans or woolen shoes, Himachali caps, rugs, etc. and views of the village are ideal for photography.
We can conclude that overall Kasol is a good holiday destination for solo travelers, family vacations, or a fun trip with friends. You get to chill or be an adventure junkie which makes it appealing to all kinds of people.