Palampur – Offbeat and Most Beautiful Tourist Place in Kangra, Himachal Pradesh
Palampur also known as the“Tea Capital Of North India”, is a small village settled in located in the Kangra district of Himachal Pradesh. Surrounded by the majestic Dhauladhar mountain range and lush green tea gardens, Palampur offers a serene and picturesque environment for visitors. Let's find some of the best places to visit in Palampur - the most beautiful Tourist place in Kangra.
1. Tashi Jong Monastery – Tashi Jong Monastery is a prominent Buddhist monastery located near Palampur in Kangra district, Himachal Pradesh. It is considered one of the most significant monastic communities in the region and is known for its rich cultural heritage and spiritual significance.
- Why visit: It provides an ideal environment for meditation and introspection. Visitors can participate in meditation sessions or even join retreat programs to experience the benefits of mindfulness and inner peace.
- Places to stay – Tashi Jong Retreat Center: The monastery itself offers guest rooms and accommodation facilities for visitors. Since Tashi Jong Monastery is located near Palampur, you can also consider staying in one of the hotels in Palampur.
2. Baijnath Shiva Temple – Baijnath Shiva Temple is a famous ancient Hindu temple located in the town of Baijnath, around 16 kilometers from Palampur in the Kangra district of Himachal Pradesh, India. It is dedicated to Lord Shiva and holds great religious and historical significance.
- Why visit – Shiva Temple holds immense spiritual importance, particularly for devotees of Lord Shiva. It provides an opportunity to engage in religious practices, offers prayers, and seek blessings
- Places to stay – There are a few hotels and guesthouses in Baijnath town itself. However, the range of accommodations may be limited compared to larger towns.
3. Neugal Khad – Neugal Khad is a popular tourist spot located on the outskirts of Palampur, Himachal Pradesh. It is a scenic spot where the Neugal River flows through a narrow gorge, creating a captivating view.
- Why visit – Neugal Khad provides a serene environment away from the hustle and bustle of the city. It is a popular picnic spot for families and friends to enjoy a picnic.
- Places to stay – You can stay in Palampur, which is the nearest major town. Some popular options include RS Sarovar Portico, Norwood Green, and The Citadel Resorts.
4. Saurabh Van Vihar – Saurabh Van Vihar is a beautiful park and nature reserve located in Palampur, Himachal Pradesh. The name of the Park is a tribute to the great martyr of the Kargil War Captain Saurabh Kalia, who sacrificed his life for the country.It’s one of the popular destination known for its scenic beauty and peaceful environment.
- Why visit – The park features a small lake where visitors can enjoy boating. Renting a paddle or rowboat and exploring the calm waters of the lake can be a delightful experience.
- Places to stay – You can consider staying in a homestay for a more personalized and local experience.
5. Dhauladhar National Park – Dhauladhar National Park is located 13 kilometers from Palampur and is well-connected to the main city. It’s one of best places to visit in Palampur.
- Why visit – You can also visit the mini zoo here which is home to numerous endangered species including leopards, black bears, Asiatic lions, red foxes, and deer.
You may also read – https://himachal.blog/himachal-pradeshs-wildlife-marvels/
6. Tea Gardens – Palampur, the town in the Kangra district of Himachal Pradesh, is renowned for its lush tea gardens. It’s one of the main attractions of Palampur. The region’s favorable climate and fertile soil make it an ideal location for tea cultivation.
- Why visit – The tea gardens provide an excellent opportunity to taste and purchase high-quality tea. You can indulge in tea-tasting sessions and explore a variety of teas, including black, green, and herbal teas.
7. Andretta Artist Village – Andretta Artist Village is a renowned cultural and artistic hub located near Palampur in Himachal Pradesh, India. A great place for art lovers, this village is undoubtedly a must-visit place in Himachal.
- Why visit – The village is dotted with art studios and workshops where artists practice their craft. You can visit these studios and witness artists working on various art forms such as pottery, painting, and sculpture.
- Places to stay – Bir-Billing, located around 30 kilometers from Andretta, offers a variety of guesthouses, homestays, and campsites.
8. Sobha Singh Art Gallery – The Sobha Singh Art Gallery is a prominent cultural attraction located in Andretta village near Palampur, Himachal Pradesh. It is dedicated to showcasing the works of renowned artist Sardar Sobha Singh.
- Why visit – The Sobha Singh Art Gallery preserves and promotes the artistic legacy of Sardar Sobha Singh. It offers insights into the culture and traditions of the Sikh heritage.
9. Norbulingka Institute – The Norbulingka Institute is a prominent cultural and educational center located in Dharamshala, Himachal Pradesh, India. The Norbulingka Institute is a haven for experience seekers and inquisitive minds. Every aspect of the institute holds intriguing stories and adventures waiting to be explored.
- Why visit – The institute is home to a Tibetan Tea House and Café where visitors can enjoy traditional Tibetan cuisine, herbal teas, and desserts.
One can purchase authentic Tibetan crafts and other traditional handicrafts.
10. Chamunda Devi Temple – Chamunda Devi Temple is a famous Hindu temple located in Kangra district, near Palampur. It is dedicated to the goddess Chamunda, who is a form of the Hindu goddess Durga.
- Why visit – Chamunda Devi Temple is situated amidst beautiful surroundings, with the majestic Dhauladhar mountain range as a backdrop. It is also an opportunity to witness the devotion and faith of the local community.
- Places to stay – You can book a hotel in Dharamshala, 20 kilometers from Chamunda Devi Temple.
11. Bir-Billing – Bir-Billing is a renowned paragliding destination located approximately 35 kilometers from Palampur. It offers an exhilarating experience for paragliding enthusiasts.
- Why visit – Adventure enthusiasts from around the world come here to experience the thrill of paragliding and enjoy the breathtaking views of the Himalayan ranges.